Notes from the Intuit Master Builder National Conference
Scott Cook, Founder of Intuit Software, shared his point of view about the role of business in the world. It was so fascinating; I wanted to share it with you. He said:
“Our job as business people is to improve the lives of our customers and our communities. This is the unspoken commitment between business and society.”
He laid out some of the principles of innovation:
- Upset the expected belief;
- Look to see if the expected belief most needing change is my own;
- Look, listen and learn deeply from customers;
- Team up with experts;
- Only your customer will tell you which belief needs upsetting.
- Choose carefully the company you keep.