Quotes from the FMI 2 day seminar on Improving Construction Productivity:
- You won’t train your way to better productivity, you have to implement it.
- Productivity is not really a field issue – it happens above the field level.
- If you’re focusing on productivity alone, you’re not looking at the right place – look upstream to the process.
- Until someone at the top of the organization becomes passionate about productivity, real change won’t happen.
- Pre job planning
- Weekly planning with 1-2 week look ahead including all needed resources
- Daily planning and goal setting – the job start huddle to outline what will be done today
- Budget setup and cost tracking
- “…if it makes sense to the guys in the field, then you’ll get good measurements.”